Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Dr. Scheibe joined Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in September 1992. At PNNL, he has been responsible for proposal development, project management, and technical contributions in a number of different areas of environmental research and technology development broadly related to the hydrologic sciences. His primary research focus is on characterization and modeling of natural subsurface heterogeneity and its impacts on biogeochemically reactive transport in groundwater systems. His research projects include both computational and field experimental elements. Recently, he has worked on problems in the area of subsurface biogeochemistry, including microbial transport in groundwater and bioremediation of metals and radionuclides. He is currently collaborating with computational scientists and applied mathematicians to simulate coupled flow, transport, and biogeochemical processes at cellular, pore and continuum scales. His research is supported primarily by the Department of Energy’s Office of Science through the Environmental Remediation Science Program (ERSP) and the Scientific Discovery through Advanced Computing (SciDAC) program. Other research interests and projects include inverse modeling and parameter estimation (with application to the Hanford Site groundwater model), and modeling of biological behavior using individual-based methods (applied to juvenile fish migration in the Columbia River). Dr. Scheibe serves on the editorial boards of the scientific journals Ground Water and in the Joint Assembly Program Committee of the American Geophysical Union.
During 2010, Dr. Scheibe is serving as the National Ground Water Association’s Distinguished Darcy Lecturer. In this capacity, he is traveling to a large number of universities and other institutions across North America, Europe and Australia to meet with students and faculty and give invited lectures on his research.
- Characterization and modeling of natural subsurface heterogeneity and its impacts on contaminant transport in groundwater systems
- Subsurface biogeochemistry including microbial transport and bioremediation of metals and radionuclides
- Multiscale modeling of coupled biogeochemical processes in porous media
- Individual-based models of fish behavior coupled to hydrodynamic simulations
- Parameter estimation and conceptual model uncertainty characterization
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 1993
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Washington, 1987
- B.S., Geological Engineering, Washington State University, 1984
Affiliations and Professional Service
- American Geophysical Union
- National Groundwater Association
- 2010 Henry Darcy Distinguished Lecturer
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Fang Y, BN Nguyen, KC Carroll, Z Xu, SB Yabusaki, TD Scheibe, and AHR Bonneville. 2013. "Development of a coupled thermo-hydro-mechanical model in discontinuous media for carbon sequestration." International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences 62:138-147. doi:10.1016/j.ijrmms.2013.05.002
- Yang X, TD Scheibe, MC Richmond, WA Perkins, SJ Vogt, SL Codd, JD Seymour, and MI Mckinley. 2013. "Direct Numerical Simulation of Pore-Scale Flow in a Bead Pack: Comparison with Magnetic Resonance Imaging Observations." Advances in Water Resources 54:288-241. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2013.01.009
- Keyes D, LC McInnes, C Woodward, W Gropp, E Myra, M Pernice, J Bell, J Brown, A Clo, J Connors, E Constantinescu, D Estep, K Evans, C Farhat, A Hakim, GE Hammond, G Hansen, J Hill, T Isaac, X Jiao, K Jordan, D Kaushik, E Kaxiras, A Koniges, KH Lee, A Lott, Q Lu, J Magerlein, RM Maxwell, M McCourt, M Mehl, R Pawlowski, A Randles, D Reynolds, B Riviere, U Rude, TD Scheibe, J Shadid, B Sheehan, M Shephard, A Siegel, B Smith, X Tang, C Wilson, and B Wohlmuth. 2013. "Multiphysics Simulations: Challenges and Opportunities." International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications 27(1):4-83. doi:10.1177/1094342012468181
- Landkamer LL, RW Harvey, TD Scheibe, and JN Ryan. 2013. "Colloid Transport in Saturated Porous Media: Elimination of Attachment Efficiency in a New Colloid Transport Model." Water Resources Research 49(5):2952-2965. doi:10.1002/wrcr.20195
- Richmond MC, WA Perkins, TD Scheibe, A Lambert, and BD Wood. 2013. "Flow and axial dispersion in a sinusoidal-walled tube: Effects of inertial and unsteady flows." Advances in Water Resources 62(Part B):215-226. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2013.06.014
- Scheibe TD, Z Hou, BJ Palmer, and AM Tartakovsky. 2013. "Pore-Scale Simulation of Intragranular Diffusion: Effects of Incomplete Mixing on Macroscopic Manifestations." Water Resources Research 49(7):4277-4294. doi:10.1002/wrcr.20333
- Scheibe TD, MD White, SK White, C Sivaramakrishnan, S Purohit, GD Black, R Podgorney, LW Boyd, and BR Phillips. 2013. "Simulation of Enhanced Geothermal Systems: A Benchmarking and Code Intercomparison Study." In MODFLOW and More 2013: Translating Science into Practice, June 2-5, Golden, Colorado. Integrated Ground Water Modeling Center, Golden, CO.
- Scheibe TD, MD White, and SK White. 2013. Outcomes of the 2013 GTO Workshop on Geothermal Code Comparison. PNNL-22303, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Tartakovsky GD, AM Tartakovsky, TD Scheibe, Y Fang, R Mahadevan, and DR Lovley. 2013. "Pore-scale simulation of microbial growth using a genome-scale metabolic model: Implications for Darcy-scale reactive transport." Advances in Water Resources 59:256-270. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2013.05.007
- Zhao J, TD Scheibe, and R Mahadevan. 2013. "Model-based Analysis of Mixed Uranium(VI) Reduction by Biotic and Abiotic Pathways During in Situ Bioremediation." Chemical Geology 357:215-222. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chemgeo.2013.08.037
- Xu Z, Y Fang, TD Scheibe, and AHR Bonneville. 2012. "A fluid pressure and deformation analysis for geological sequestration of carbon dioxide." Computers & Geosciences 46:31-37.
- Xu Z, Y Fang, TD Scheibe, and AHR Bonneville. 2012. "A Hydro-mechanical Model and Analytical Solutions for Geomechanical Modeling of Carbon Dioxide Geological Sequestration." Chapter 7 in Energy Technology 2012: Carbon Dioxide Management and Other Technologies, ed. MD Salazar-Villalpando, et al. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ.
- Battiato I, DM Tartakovsky, AM Tartakovsky, and TD Scheibe. 2011. "Hybrid Models of Reactive Transport in Porous and Fractured Media." Advances in Water Resources 37(9):1140-1150. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2011.01.012
- Fang Y, TD Scheibe, R Mahadevan, S Garg, PE Long, and DR Lovley. 2011. "Direct coupling of a genome-scale microbial in silico model and a groundwater reactive transport model." Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 122(1-4):96-103. doi:10.1016/j.jconhyd.2010.11.007
- Scheibe TD, SS Hubbard, TC Onstott, and MF Deflaun. 2011. "Lessons Learned from Bacterial Transport Experiments at the South Oyster Site." Ground Water 49(5):745-763. doi:10.1111/j.1745-6584.2011.00831.x
- Scheibe TD. 2011. Subsurface Biogeochemical Research FY11 Second Quarter Performance Measure. PNNL-20292, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Agarwal K, JM Chase, KL Schuchardt, TD Scheibe, BJ Palmer, and TO Elsethagen. 2011. "Design and Implementation of "Many Parallel Task" Hybrid Subsurface Model." In MTAGS '11: Proceedings of the 2011 ACM International Workshop on Many Task Computing on Grids and Supercomputers, November 12-18, 2011, Seattle, Washington, pp. 25-32. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2132876.2132884
- Hess NJ, M Oostrom, MA Celia, M Hilpert, Q Kang, LJ Pyrak-Nolte, TD Scheibe, AM Tartakovsky, CJ Werth, D Wildenschild, C Zhang, SE Bialkowski, TA Ghezzehei, G Tang, F Doster, J Kumar, R Parashar, R Gerlach, H Yoon, GD Redden, T Zhang, H Huang, J Nogues, W Deng, H Resat, KA Rod, DR Baer, RT Kelly, W Um, G Wang, MC Richmond, DR Rector, ML Stewart, HB Jung, and C Plata. 2011. EMSL Pore Scale Modeling Challenge/Workshop. PNNL-21086, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Scheibe TD, AM Tartakovsky, UC Bandara, BJ Palmer, M Oostrom, C Zhang, and AHR Bonneville. 2011. "Physical and Numerical Models of Pore-Scale Trapping of CO2." In Les Rencontres Scientifiques d'IFP Energies Nouvelles: International Conference on Flows and Mechanics in Natural Porous Media from Pore to Field Scale - Pore2Field, November 16-18, 2011, Rueil-Malmaison, France. IFP Energies Nouvelles, Paris, France.
- Tartakovsky AM, and TD Scheibe. 2011. "DIMENSION REDUCTION NUMERICAL CLOSURE METHOD FOR ADVECTION-DIFFUSION-REACTION SYSTEMS." Advances in Water Resources 34(12):1616-1626. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2011.07.011
- Xu Z, P Meakin, AM Tartakovsky, and TD Scheibe. 2011. "Dissipative-particle-dynamics model of biofilm growth." Physical Review. E, Statistical Physics, Plasmas, Fluids, and Related Interdisciplinary Topics 83(6):Article No. 066702. doi:10.1103/PhysRevE.83.066702
- Zhao J, TD Scheibe, and R Mahadevan. 2011. "Model-Based Analysis of the Role of Biological, Hydrological and Geochemical Factors Affecting Uranium Bioremediation." Biotechnology and Bioengineering 108(7):1537-1548.
- Guin A, R Ramanathan, RW Ritzi, JR, DF Dominic, IA Lunt, TD Scheibe, and VL Freedman. 2010. "Simulating the Heterogeneity in Braided Channel Belt Deposits: 2. Examples of Results and Comparison to Natural Deposits." Water Resources Research 46:Article Number: W04516.
- Gurumoorthi V, AM Tartakovsky, TD Scheibe, and BJ Palmer. 2010. "A Component-Based Framework for Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Simulations of Reactive Fluid Flow in Porous Media. ." International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications 24(2):228-239. doi:10.1177/1094342009358415
- Ramanathan R, A Guin, RW Ritzi, JR, DF Dominic, VL Freedman, TD Scheibe, and IA Lunt. 2010. "Simulating the Heterogeneity in Braided Channel Belt Deposits: Part 1. A Geometric-Based Methodology and Code." Water Resources Research 46():Article Number: W04515 .
- Scheibe TD, BJ Palmer, KL Schuchardt, Y Fang, and AM Tartakovsky. 2010. "Simulations of Subsurface Flow and Transport at the Pore and Continuum Scales." In SciDAC 2010 Scientific Discovery Through Advanced Computing, July 11-15, 2010, Chattanooga, Tennessee. US Department of Energy, Office of Science, Washington DC.
- Schuchardt KL, K Agarwal, JM Chase, ML Rockhold, VL Freedman, TO Elsethagen, TD Scheibe, G Chin, Jr, and C Sivaramakrishnan. 2010. "Task parallel sensitivity analysis and parameter estimation of groundwater simulations through the SALSSA framework." In Proceedings of the 2010 Scientific Discovery through Advanced Computing (SciDAC) Conference, July 11-15, 2010, Cattanooga, Tennessee, pp. 233-237. Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN.
- Zhao J, Y Fang, TD Scheibe, DR Lovley, and R Mahadevan. 2010. "Modeling and sensitivity analysis of electron capacitance for Geobacter in sedimentary environments." Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 112(1-4):30-44. doi:10.1016/j.jconhyd.2009.10.002
- Battiato I, DM Tartakovsky, AM Tartakovsky, and TD Scheibe. 2009. "On breakdown of macroscopic models of mixing-controlled heterogeneous reactions in porous media." Advances in Water Resources 32(11):1664-1673.
- Palmer BJ, Y Fang, V Gurumoorthi, GE Hammond, JA Fort, and TD Scheibe. 2009. "Developing a Component-Based Framework for Subsurface Simulation using the Common Component Architecture." In SciDAC 2009: Journal of Physics: Conference Series , vol. 180, no. 1, p. Paper No. 012064. IOP Publishing, London, United Kingdom. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/180/1/012064
- Scheibe TD, R Mahadevan, Y Fang, S Garg, PE Long, and DR Lovley. 2009. "Coupling a Genome-Scale Metabolic Model with a Reactive Transport Model to Describe In Situ Uranium Bioremediation." Microbial Biotechnology 2(2):274-286. doi:10.1111/j.1751-7915.2009.00087.x
- Schuchardt KL, JM Chase, JA Daily, TO Elsethagen, BJ Palmer, and TD Scheibe. 2009. "Application of SALSSA Framework to the Validation of Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Simulations of Low Reynolds Number Flows." Journal of Physics: Conference Series 180(1):Article No. 012065. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/180/1/012065
- Tartakovsky AM, GD Tartakovsky, and TD Scheibe. 2009. "EFFECTS OF INCOMPLETE MIXING ON MULTICOMPONENT REACTIVE TRANSPORT." Advances in Water Resources 32(11):1674-1679.
- Tartakovsky AM, TD Scheibe, and P Meakin. 2009. "PORE-SCALE MODEL FOR REACTIVE TRANSPORT AND BIOMASS GROWTH." Journal of Porous Media 12(5):417-434.
- Scheibe TD, AM Tartakovsky, DM Tartakovsky, GD Redden, P Meakin, BJ Palmer, and KL Schuchardt. 2008. "Hybrid numerical methods for multiscale simulations of subsurface biogeochemical processes." In Proceedings of SciDAC 2008: Journal of Physics, vol. 125, p. 012054. IOP Publishers, Bristol, United Kingdom. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/125/1/012054
- Scheibe TD, P Meakin, PC Lichtner, and D Zachmann. 2008. "Science for Problems Under the Surface." SciDAC Review 2008(7):32-41.
- Chase JM, KL Schuchardt, G Chin, Jr, JA Daily, and TD Scheibe. 2008. "Iterative Workflows for Numerical Simulations in Subsurface Sciences." In Proceedings of 2008 IEEE Congress on Services Part 1, pp. 461-464. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/SERVICES-1.2008.96
- Ginn TR, and TD Scheibe. 2008. "Introduction: Special Issue: Discussions on Metahydrogeology: Research Stocktaking or Identity Crisis? Essays on the Once and Future Merit of Research in Hydrogeology." Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 13(1):1.
- Tartakovsky AM, DM Tartakovsky, TD Scheibe, and P Meakin. 2008. "Hybrid Simulations of Reaction-Diffusion Systems in Porous Media." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 30(6):2799-2816. doi:10.1137/070691097
- Tartakovsky AM, GD Redden, PC Lichtner, TD Scheibe, and P Meakin. 2008. "Mixing-Induced Precipitation: Experimental Study and Multi-Scale Numerical Analysis." Water Resources Research 44(6):Art. No. W06S04. doi:10.1029/2006WR005725
- Scheibe TD, AM Tartakovsky, DM Tartakovsky, GD Redden, and P Meakin. 2007. "Hybrid Numerical Methods for Multiscale Simulations of Subsurface Biogeochemical Processes." In SciDAC 2007. Published in Journal of Physics: Conference Series , vol. 78, p. 012063 (5 pages). Institute of Physics, Washington, DC. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/78/1/012063
- Ginn TR, FJ Loge, and TD Scheibe. 2007. "Explaining "Noise" as Environmental Variations in Population Dynamics." Computing in Science & Engineering 9(2):40-49. doi:10.1109/MCSE.2007.30
- Kamolpornwijit W, SC Brooks, Y Kim, and TD Scheibe. 2007. "A Novel Approach to Estimate Iron Distribution Within Different Pore Domains of Structured Media." Applied Geochemistry 22:2630-2636. doi:10.1016/j.apgeochem.2007.06.008
- Meakin P, AM Tartakovsky, TD Scheibe, DM Tartakovsky, G Redden, PE Long, SC Brooks, and Z Xu. 2007. "Particle methods for simulation of subsurface multiphase fluid flow and biogeological processes." In Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 78, p. paper no. 012047 (11 pages). Institute of Physics Publishing, Bristol, United Kingdom. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/78/1/012047
- Scheibe TD, H Dong, and YL Xie. 2007. "Correlation Between Bacterial Attachment Rate Coefficients and Hydraulic Conductivity and its Effect on Field-Scale Bacterial Transport." Advances in Water Resources 30(6-7):1571-1582. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2006.05.021
- Tartakovsky AM, P Meakin, TD Scheibe, and BD Wood. 2007. " A smoothed particle hydrodynamics model for reactive transport and mineral precipitation in porous and fractured porous media." Water Resources Research 43(5):Art. No. W05437. doi:10.1029/2005WR004770
- Tartakovsky AM, P Meakin, TD Scheibe, and RM Eichler West. 2007. "Simulations of reactive transport and precipitation with smoothed particle hydrodynamics." Journal of Computational Physics 222(2):654-672.
- Fang Y, TD Scheibe, EE Roden, W Kamolpornwijit, and SC Brooks. 2006. "3D Field-Scale Reactive Transport Modeling of In Situ Immobilization of Uranium in Structured Porous Media via Biostimulation." In Proceedings of teh XVI International Conference on Computational Methods in Water Resources (CMWR XVI), June 18-22, 2006, Copenhagen, Denmark, ed. PJ Binning, et al. Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark.
- Dong H, TD Scheibe, WP Johnson, C Monkman, and ME Fuller. 2006. "Change of Collision Efficiency with Distance in Bacterial Transport Experiements." Ground Water 44(3):415-429. doi:10.1111/j.1745-6584.2005.00133.x
- Scheibe TD, Y Fang, CJ Murray, EE Roden, J Chen, YJ Chien, SC Brooks, and SS Hubbard. 2006. "Transport and biogeochemical reaction of metals in a physically and chemically heterogeneous aquifer." Geosphere 2(4):220-235.
- Tartakovsky AM, TD Scheibe, G Redden, P Meakin, and Y Fang. 2006. "Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Model for Reactive Transport and Mineral Precipitation." In CMWR XVI - International Conference on Computational Methods in Water Resources. Copenhagen, Denmark, June 18-22, 2006, p. 8 pages. Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Ginn TR, T Camesano, TD Scheibe, KB Nelson, TP Clement, and BD Wood. 2005. "Microbial Transport in the Subsurface." Chapter 105 in Encyclopedia of Hydrological Sciences. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., New York, NY.
- Hall JA, BJ Mailloux, TC Onstott, TD Scheibe, ME Fuller, H Dong, and MF Deflaun. 2005. "Physical versus chemical effects on bacterial and bromide transport as determined from on site sediment column pulse experiments." Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 76(3-4):295-314.
- Roden EE, and TD Scheibe. 2005. "Conceptual and numerical model of uranium(VI) reductive immobilization in fractured subsurface sediments." Chemosphere 59(5):617-628. doi:10.1016/j.chemosphere.2004.11.007
- Scheibe TD. 2004. "Interactive models for ground water flow and solute transport." Ground Water 42(1):8 - 11.
- Engel DW, AM Liebetrau, KD Jarman, TA Ferryman, TD Scheibe, and BT Didier. 2004. "An Iterative Uncertainty Assessment Technique for Environmental Modeling." In The joint proceedings of the sixth International Symposium on Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences and the fifteenth annual conference of TIES, the International Environmetrics Society Portland, Maine, USA, June 28-July 1, 2004, ed. H. Todd Mowrer, Ronald E. McRoberts, and Paul C. VanDeusen, p. 8 pages. USDA Forest Service, Washington, DC.
- Li X, TD Scheibe, and WP Johnson. 2004. "Apparent Decreases in Colloid Deposition Rate Coefficients with Distance of Transport under Unfavorable Deposition Conditions: A General Phenomenon." Environmental Science and Technology 38 (21):5616-5625.
- Scheibe TD, and BD Wood. 2003. "A particle-based model of size or anion exclusion with application to microbial transport in Porous Media ." Water Resources Research 39(NO. 4):1080. doi:10.1029/2001WR001223
- Savelieva-Trofimova EA, M Kanevski, timonin, A Pozdnukhov, CJ Murray, TD Scheibe, YL Xie, PD Thorne, and CR Cole. 2003. "Aquifer Hydrogeologic Layer Zonation at the Hanford Site." In Proceedings IAMG 2003, p. 46+. International Association for Mathematical Geosciences, Kingston, ONT.
- Scheibe TD, and YJ Chien. 2003. "An Evaluation of Conditioning Data for Solute Transport Prediction." Ground Water 41(2):128-141.
- Scheibe TD, CJ Murray, YL Xie, MD Williams, CR Cole, VR Vermeul, and MP Bergeron. 2003. "Temporal and Spatial Weighting of Head and Concentration Observations for a Large-Scale Transient Inverse Model." In Proceedings of Modflow and More 2003: Understanding through Modeling, pp. 610-614. Colorado School of Mines, International Ground Water Modeling Center, Golden, CO.
- Vermeul VR, MP Bergeron, CR Cole, CJ Murray, WE Nichols, TD Scheibe, PD Thorne, SR Waichler, and YL Xie. 2003. Transient Inverse Calibration of the Site-Wide Groundwater Flow Model (ACM-2): FY03 Progress Report . PNNL-14398, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Scheibe TD. 2002. "Correlation Between Heterogeneous Bacterial Attachment Rate Coefficients and Hydraulic Conductivity and Impacts on Field-Scale Bacterial Transport." In Proceedings of the International Groundwater Symposium 2002; Bridging the Gap Between Measureemt and Modeling in Heterogeneous Media, ed. AN Findikakis. International Association of Hydraulic Engineering and Research , Madrid, Spain.
- Dong H, TC Onstott, MF Deflaun, ME Fuller, TD Scheibe, SH Streger, RK Rothmel, and BJ Mailloux. 2002. "Relative Dominance of Physical versus Chemical Effects on the Transport of Adhesion-Deficient Bacteria in Intact Cores from South Oyster, Virginia." Environmental Science and Technology 36(5):891-900.
- Ginn TR, BD Wood, KE Nelson, TD Scheibe, EM Murphy, and TP Clement. 2002. "Processes in Microbial Transport in the Natural Subsurface." Advances in Water Resources 25(8-12):1027 - 1042.
- Scheibe TD, MC Richmond, and LE Fidler. 2002. "Impacts of individual fish movement patterns on estimates of mortality due to dissolved gas supersaturation in the Columbia River Basin." In HydroVision 2002: Issues Solutioins New Approaches, p. no. 155. HCI Publications, Kansas City, MO.
- Scheibe TD, and MC Richmond. 2002. "Fish Individual-based Numerical Simulator (FINS): A particle-based model of juvenile salmonid movement and dissolved gas exposure history in the Columbia River Basin." Ecological Modelling 147(3):233-252.
- Scheibe TD. 2001. "The Value of Conditioning Data for Prediction of Conservative Solute Transport at the Oyster Site, Virginia." In MODFLOW 2001 and Other Modeling Odysseys, vol. 1, pp. 276-282. International Groundwater Modeling Center, Golden, CO.
- Balkwill D, J Chen, M Deflaun, F Dobbs, H Dong, JK Fredrickson, M Fuller, M Green, T Ginn, T Griffin, W Holben, S Hubbard, W Johnson, PE Long, B Mailloux, E Majer, M Mcinerney, CJ Murray, T Onstott, T Phelps, TD Scheibe, D Swift, D White, and F Wobber. 2001. "Breakthroughs in field-scale bacterial transport." Eos 82(38):417, 423-425.
- Johnson WP, P Zhang, ME Fuller, TD Scheibe, BJ Mailloux, TC Onstott, MF Deflaun, S Hubbard, J Radtke, WP Kovacic, and W Holben. 2001. "Ferrographic tracking of bacterial transport in the field at the Narrow Channel focus area, Oyster, VA." Environmental Science and Technology 35(1):182-191.
- Scheibe TD, YJ Chien, and J Radtke. 2001. "Use of quantitative models to design microbial transport experiments in a sandy aquifer." Ground Water 39(2):210-222.
- Zhang P, WP Johnson, TD Scheibe, KH Choi, FC Dobbs, and BJ Mailloux. 2001. "Extended tailing of bacteria following breakthrough at the Narrow Channel focus area, Oyster, Virginia." Water Resources Research 37(11):2687-2698.